Travel Tips for Belize
Since visa requirements are subject to change, please contact the Belize Embassy for up-to-date information at:For the nearest place to obtain a visa please visit: Belize Consuls and Embassies.
The Belize Embassy
2535 Massachusetts Avenue Northwest
Washington, D.C. 20008
Duty free importation is allowed for baggage accompanying passenger, wearing apparel, jewelry, binoculars and cameras. Each person is allowed to import one carton of cigarettes and one bottle of alcoholic beverage, duty free.
Following are a few tips to help you plan your visit to Belize.
The busier time of the year for travelers to Belize is November to May, which are the winter months of the Northern Hemisphere. Still, many visitors prefer the more quiet days of the summer months from June to October for their vacation in Belize. Both times of the year have their own unique attractions and the choice of when to visit is totally up to you, your budget and the adventure you crave.
Belize in Winter
Belize has proven to be the choice location for those wanting to escape the harsh winter of the North. Besides the favorable temperature, Belize is also a favorite destination because of the following:
- Belize is one of the most easily accessible of all tropical locations by geography and entry requirements.
- Belize is English speaking thus making it easier for you to get around by yourself, within a group or if you have special needs that need to be addressed.
- This is the dry season in Belize which means that you should have no problem predicting bright, sunny skies during your vacation.
Belize in Summer
Belize is also the ideal place for those needing a summer break, which although tropical, may provide cooler temperatures than home. During the summer months it is also true that:
- Belize receives less visitors giving you the opportunity to find the privacy and isolation you desire.
- Although it is the rainy season, these showers of blessing are sporadic and short in duration, thus not likely to ruin your vacation plans.
- The best feature about spending a summer vacation in Belize is the summer savings. Rates start falling from around May 1st. and remain slashed until November at most places.
Belize is a very informal country, with a very casual lifestyle. Unless you are invited to a Government function, please leave your "after five" attire at home.
Leave your jewelry and expensive watches at home because you will not need them. If you must have a watch, bring an inexpensive watch that is suitable for diving and hiking.